Beverages in Schools
School Beverage Guidelines Final Progress Report
Key Facts and Date on the Beverage Industry's Successful Implementation of the National School Beverage Guidelines
- Calories from all beverages shipped to all schools nationwide have been slashed by 88 percent (2004 to 2009).
- Since 2004, shipments of full-calorie soft drinks to schools have declined by 95 percent.
- The School Beverage Guidelines provide for a range of lower-calorie, nutritious and smaller-portion beverage options.
- The beverage industry testified before Congress that it supports making the School Beverage Guidelines part of federal law.
- This is truly a first-of-its kind effort aimed at strengthening schools by any industry.
The Bottom Lines: We delivered on our commitment to parents and schools.
For complete details on the guidelines visit www.ameribev.org.
Download the full progress report here (Requires Acrobat® Reader):